POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) : Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Aug 2007 07:23:04
Message: <46c2e218@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> Oh! That is intriguing. A bit small and out of context not to mention it
> is
> a bit dark for my monitor. But I've mentioned that before :-) Is there
> something wrong with their eyes? When I adjusted the size and contrast to
> see it better the eyes look strange. I've noticed in a couple of my models
> that I had to tweak the "Eyeball" material's transparency because I was
> getting a white eye look.

It is the same scale as the main image and is not intended to intrude too
much on the main story. It is a kind of sideline. And remember, we are in
the shadow here, the only light coming from the sunlight reflection on the
wall to the right, and diffused light coming from the left.

The eyeballs have been corrected with M_Glass3 (which FlyerX advised me to
use). I suppose that what you see is the reflection of the sunlight that is
reflected from the wall. However, the anti aliasing (0.3) is too coarse for
this image and should be finer. In the final render this will be brought
down to 0.1. Otherwise, I 'know' that the eyes are rendered correctly. Both
of them looking upwards increases in fact the amount of white visible too.

Thomas